Just 4 Today: January 25, 2006

Just 4 Today, I’m going to make a list of the things I need to do. And look at it now and then through the day to remind myself to do some of it. I forgot to pick up my medication on the way home last night (even though I did remember to call in the prescription) and I’ve got to pick it up tonight (now this reminder will be staring at me all day, even if I don’t get that list done!).

This entry was posted in About Eat 4 Today, Just 4 Today.

1. SallyCat January 25, 2006 at 8:14 am #

Just for today I’m going to do 3 repetitions up and down a flight of stairs around my office building. Yesterday the circuit and stairs took 20 minutes and felt great. So just for today I’ll do it again.

2. AndiF January 25, 2006 at 8:19 am #

Just for today I’m going to continue my no-nosh strategy that whenever I get up to go to the kitchen, I will go up and down the stairs or check the woodstove instead.

3. katiebird January 25, 2006 at 8:22 am #

You know, I like the idea of a circuit around the different stairwells. Up and Down and Up and Down is too much for me. But with a break of walking across a building, it might actually be fun. And there are 3 or 4 different stairs so I can vary my path.

4. AndiF January 25, 2006 at 8:33 am #

The good thing about doing up and down is that you can get a better aerobic workout in a shorter time so if you can do some stairs, you’ll really increase the benefit.

5. katiebird January 25, 2006 at 8:37 am #

The bad part is the snapping sound/feeling in the knee.

6. AndiF January 25, 2006 at 8:40 am #

So hopefully SallyCat’s approach will lessen that and you can get a nice 20 minutes in without being too hard on your knees.

7. FARfetched January 25, 2006 at 10:35 am #

Just4Today I’m going to do a light workout on the exerbike, even though it’s my day off.

8. Puget4 January 25, 2006 at 11:19 am #

Just 4 Today, I’ll get back on my 4x on our stairs. I’ve missed the last two days!! Drat!! Off to my Away Job. This is Friday for it for me. :-) See you later.

9. chocolate ink January 25, 2006 at 11:23 pm #

Just 4 Today I will/did eat oatmeal for brunch and will eat only that half candy bar at night while reading.

I ate too much for dinner last night although quite a bit of it was broccoli/zuchinni I had added to the rice I made-along with the chicken I had cut up in small pieces -so even though I had two pretty big helpings-it coulda been worse. And of course the chicken was cooked….I’m not into the whole Rosemary’s Baby raw meat or fowl idea.

10. Puget4 January 26, 2006 at 1:09 am #

Gee, Chocolate Ink, that sounds wonderful. Congratulations!

Today I just finished my 4x on the stairs and my arm weight exercises and I also decided that if I had to walk anywhere, I would go at least part of the distance at a jog. I did it….twice.

11. katiebird January 26, 2006 at 7:57 am #

Oatmeal & Stairs!! I’m on cheerios (fake ones) these days — but I did a round of stairs and a lap around the building yesterday. I also parked the car in a place I hadn’t thought of before — at the TOP of the parking garage and as far from the stair wells as possible. It almost doubled my walk to work (but I left my pedometer“>pedometer at home so I can’t say just how far it actually was). And I remembered to pick up my metformin!!