Just 4 Today: February 26, 2006

Just 4 Today, I will drink my 2 liters of water (I think I did it yesterday, but it is harder to count when I’m not using my water bottles) and I will try to find why my new design for this site isn’t working when I try to make it live.

If you’re interested in what I hope will be coming here sometime today, take a look here. But come back here to let me know what you think!

This entry was posted in About Eat 4 Today.

1. DuctapeFatwa February 26, 2006 at 9:19 am #

I have big letters this morning, but can’t see design, sometimes it does that.

marketorientedhealthcare?

2. katiebird February 26, 2006 at 9:30 am #

The new look will have 3 columns to make it easier to find the stuff that’s crowded onto the sidebar now. I’ll put the most important stuff at the very top of the columns. And the next important stuff down the right column. And the least important stuff down the left column.

Marketorientedhealthcare is a domain my dad and I bought when we thought we could update & post the single-payer healthcare plan he developed. He’s involved in too many other projects, though so we haven’t done it. And I’ve been using the domain as a test site.

I really wish we could post that plan — it’s a good one. But the references are 10 years old and he doesn’t want to post it without updating the numbers.

3. DuctapeFatwa February 26, 2006 at 9:37 am #

It is a brilliant name choice for a universal health care system. Market oriented. The market needs health care, so let’s provide it :)

I don’t suppose the new look will have the articles down the side…?

4. katiebird February 26, 2006 at 9:43 am #

You mean a list of recent articles down the side? Yes it could. what order? Recent comments, then recent articles, then categories?

I really wish we had time to do something with the plan. It took him 3 years to research and it’s a remarkable document.

5. DuctapeFatwa February 26, 2006 at 9:56 am #

Oh that would be perfect! The disadvantage to the way it is now, people have to scroll down so much, if there is not a recent comment but they would like to make one. Or maybe someone answered a comment they made, but it is not in the last few recent comments, if they could just click to that artcile and see.

What are the chances you could persuade your dad to “update the numbers” and share the plan with earth redidents?

6. katiebird February 26, 2006 at 10:06 am #

Ductape, I wish he would do that update. But he is focused on another project right now (one we’ve been been working on since 1980). In our family we take the loooong view.

7. DuctapeFatwa February 26, 2006 at 10:35 am #

8. katiebird February 26, 2006 at 10:37 am #

“LOL katie do you think your just 4 today philosophy is a subconscious rebellion?”

No, I know for a fact that it’s a conscious rebellion.

9. Puget4 February 26, 2006 at 12:18 pm #

Katiebird, I love the new look. Congratulations, I know you’ve been working on a 3 column approach for some time.

The header is really great. Very appropriate for the main topic of this forum.

I’m going to miss the header you use now, though. The Japanese maple leaf and the surrounding coloration has such a sense of peace for me. Could you use it as the header for a special section on Being Peaceful?

Oh!!! Hey!! Maybe that could be a new area of discussion that we haven’t on yet. How to keep calm and remain peaceful….personally, that is, not globally. Remaining peaceful and centered in this world is an important part of remaining healthy, I believe….

10. DuctapeFatwa February 26, 2006 at 3:59 pm #

Hey Puget! You know if enough people do it personally, that would certainly not hurt the global situation…. ;)