It happens to all of us — we’ve been good for soooo long. We’ve lost a ton of weight. We’ve got it licked! We’re in control of ourselves. Our diet is on autopilot.
And then something happens to throw us off. It could be a vacation, an illness, a visit from old friends, a move, a change of jobs or a change of life. The underlying cause doesn’t matter. What matters is that we find ourselves eating on the run. Or eating a snack to get by until a late dinner. Or stopping by that new coffee shop — just to see what they’ve got.
And the next day, things aren’t any more normal — but you’ll get back on track tomorrow, you think.
Are you struggling to get through the afternoon (or morning) without eating just a little extra?
6 things you can do to avoid snacking for the rest of the day:
- Get up right now and walk around your building — either inside or outside — it doesn’t matter. But spend the time you’d spend getting change, picking out a treat and eating it just walking around.
- Drink a large glass of water or two
- Do a cubicle exercise (click link to view)
- Make a list of what you’ve already eaten today and what you plan to eat later. Estimate the calories that you’ll be eating today.
- Remember that you’re the boss of your destiny and you can do anything you want to do.
- And finally, tell yourself that you can do it tomorrow if you really, really want it.