May 23, 2007 — Just 4 Today

Just 4 Today logoJust 4 Today, I’ll drink my fiber twice (once so far), drink 2 liters of water (about 1/2), walk 5 miles (3415 — Yesterday: 5.07), NOT eat between meals & NOT take seconds.

Monday was a hard day, I just never really woke up — almost to the point of being dizzy (so I got my walking in, but never made it back to visit here). I guy at work felt the same way, but he had a horse fall on him last Friday — and I don’t think that’s catchy!

This entry was posted in Just 4 Today.

1. FamilyMan May 23, 2007 at 8:37 am #

J4T I’ll drink 2 liters of water and look out onto a lawn that doesn’t need cutting. Hah! It got cut this weekend. :)

Glad to hear you’re feeling better KB.

2. FARfetched May 23, 2007 at 9:57 am #

J4T, I’ll drink 2 liters of water (1/3 there) and 2 cups of green tea (need to start).

A horse fell on the guy? OUCH! My motorcycle fell over this morning when I was getting ready to go to work, but I wasn’t on it. I don’t know how, but it fell to the right (one would expect a bike on a sidestand to fall left). Snapped off a mirror, a few scratches, but I rode anyway.

3. Bombshell May 23, 2007 at 7:49 pm #

J4T I will wrestle with my personal demons and continue to remain in the game by working.

MAINTENANCE

I have lost back one of the three extra pounds I gained during my maintenance phase. I am currently taking a working vacation. My schedule is far less demanding than usual and I am experiencing less stress. I have become acutely aware of the fact that stress induces actual hunger pangs – not psychological hunger, not mindless eating, but actual physical hunger. This means that if I can figure out how to lower stress on a regular basis, it will be a lot easier to maintain.

I have been tinkering with the Hacker’s Diet tools and logging everything I eat, and I believe I’ve figured out my actual metabolic rate: 1500 calories per day – as opposed to 1600, which it was before I lost weight. The Hacker’s Diet shows me having eaten 100 extra calories per day, hence the slow creep upward three pounds above my goal weight.

Losing the last two pounds will be very hard – to lose even one pound a week, I’d have to eat only 1000 per day, which is inhumane. So I’ll be sticking with 1100 to 1300 and losing it slowly.

Tonight’s perfect dinner (far more elaborate than what I normally have) is spelt pasta with grilled chicken breast, roasted tomato slices marinated in olive oil, grilled artichoke hearts, and spanish olives (the real kind marinated with rosemary, not the kind you buy in a jar). Mmm! I’m actually full even though I’m dieting. : )

Talk to you all later.

4. katiebird May 24, 2007 at 7:53 am #

Hi Family Man, Thanks. And today, I feel MUCH better. I was still dragging a little yesterday (and thus, no comments)

We mowed last weekend too. Good thing, they say it’s rain for the next 4 days.

5. katiebird May 24, 2007 at 7:56 am #

FARfetched, Yep. A horse fell on him. He told me that morning (he called me at work) that the guys carried him into his house before I came to. Which worried me. Because you could destroy a person doing that!

But, yesterday he said that he came to and walked into the house himself. Knocks on the head are weird. But, he’s ok now.

I’m glad you weren’t on your motorcycle when it tipped over. Mister has a kz1000p and it’s so heavy, I always worry about that.

6. katiebird May 24, 2007 at 8:01 am #

{{Bombshell}}

I’ve got a lot farther to go than you — but I’m totally with you! I’ve been logging onto The Hacker’s Diet Online (Beta) and it’s really fun to see that weighted moving average drop.

I’ve somehow been sticking to a calorie level of about 1000 for the last week. But, (maybe because of all the fiber I’m eating?) it doesn’t seem inhuman. I’m allowed to eat up to 1500 calories though — and I will any day I need to.

I’m going to work through the book again in evening posts now that I’m not feeling so dragged down.