August 29, 2007 — Just 4 Today

Just 4 Today I'llJust 4 Today, I’ll drink my fiber twice (done once!), drink 2 liters of water (so far, about 1/2 liter), walk 5 miles (yesterday – 5.6), NOT eat between meals & NOT take seconds.

Yesterday was a day of wild ups and downs.  Bombshell is struggling and if anyone has ideas for how to help, I think she’d appreciate it.  Or just a good strong hug — sometimes that does more than anything else.

One of the best things about yesterday, was my virtual walk with Olivia.  We both took longish mid-day walks — virtually at the same time!  She’s shared a photo from her half of the walk   And the whole idea was so exciting, I’d like to do it again.

Would anyone like to join us today for a walk?

This entry was posted in Just 4 Today.

1. FamilyMan August 29, 2007 at 6:56 am #

Good morning KB.

J4T I’ll drink 2 liters of water and try not to be over gleeful the rels are going home today. :)

Hope everyone has a good day.

2. katiebird August 29, 2007 at 6:59 am #

Hi FamilyMan — Are you saying that relatives are going home and there isn’t another batch waiting to fill their bedrooms? It’s really going to be just you and Fmom for a while?

Wow!

3. FamilyMan August 29, 2007 at 7:05 am #

Yep KB, I think FMom and I are safe for at least a week. Then again they might go home, decided they’ve had enough of their kids and grandkid and be back here the next day. You never know with these rels.

So it’s Wed. and almost the w/e. Of course when you’re retired that doesn’t mean that much. Although I did use to look forward to Wed. :)

4. katiebird August 29, 2007 at 7:14 am #

Part of me really likes the way you’ve got relatives coming and going. All the activity and bustle. But another part of me would be going crazy from all the activity and bustle — that I couldn’t go home to get away from it.

I really admire your calm.

5. FamilyMan August 29, 2007 at 7:20 am #

The only reason I put up with it is because FMom loves to have rels here all the time. Then again, I think it keeps George young. He gets a lot of exercise from all the barking at the rels he does. :)

6. katiebird August 29, 2007 at 7:24 am #

(giggling) What a combination, Calm FamilyMan & Excitable George. And Fmom eating (was it?) fudgsicles.

7. FamilyMan August 29, 2007 at 7:43 am #

FMom went through the fudgsicles craze a little while back. Now it’s yogurt and I’m going to the store just about every day to replenish that.

Speaking of FMom, she’s up early today. Maybe she’s a little bit gleeful today too. :)

See ya and have a good day KB.

8. olivia August 29, 2007 at 8:58 am #

Good morning.

Yep, it was so nice yesterday I’m up for another one.

It might rain, but if not I’ll meet you out there!

9. katiebird August 29, 2007 at 9:09 am #

Hi Olivia! I’ll see you later then. Although it looks like we’re going to get rain too — this is carrying things a little too far!

10. Bombshell August 29, 2007 at 10:55 am #

I know what kind of enemy a binge is, and THIS time I am determined to defeat it.

The day after a binge, you feel fat and unworthy and guilty. You feel CERTAIN that none of your clothes will fit, and that you have gained back ALL the weight you lost. You feel physically ill and psychologically like you must therefore not deserve to enjoy your day. You feel like you must now starve yourself for a week in order to make up for the damage.

Well screw all that.

First of all, I gained a HALF A POUND. BIG DEAL. I might have consumed a couple thousand extra calories. So it will take four days of shaving off 500 calories to get rid of that. Annoying and frustrating, but not the end of the world. Although my boobs are swollen from PMS, all of my skinny clothes STILL fit and I DO NOT NEED TO GIVE THEM AWAY TO A SHELTER (despite the evil voice in the back of my head that says this can’t be true). Also, I am allowed to enjoy my day! I’m not a failure. I just screwed up ONCE. I won’t feel bad about myself, which will lead to bingeing again (the worst feature of bingeing – the cyclical nature).

J4T I will

1. Enjoy my day
    2. Wear my skinny jeans until bedtime – NO baggy clothes.
    3. Run 4 miles
    4. Not binge again
    5. Work

11. catdog August 29, 2007 at 10:58 am #

I’m walking home, but that will be too late for you folks, I’m pretty sure. Will wait until 5:30pm closing time and by then the day’s high of 98 (projected) should have come and gone.

Have to make sure I bring a bottle of water out the door with me, though, for the 3.3 miles…

This plateau thing is annoying, but I’m determined to break through the next 10 lb barrier in the next few days. More aggressive exercise and more leafy greens and veggies seems to be the ticket, along with lots more water.

12. kansas August 29, 2007 at 11:12 am #

What a great attitude for today, Bombshell! You’re so right, too. Half a pound, big deal! That really is the truth. It’s reality. One binge, big deal. One night of misery, big deal. Half a pound, big deal. I hope you do everything you intend to do Just For Today. I really admire you for this!

But oh do I remember those incredible pre-menstrual cravings! When I NEEDED Andre’s chocolates it was as if my body drove myself to get them and my mind was nowhere in the car. I remember one time when I was unhappy and I ate HALF A CAKE. There’s a lot to be said for menopause, lol. Truly.

13. FARfetched August 29, 2007 at 3:34 pm #

{{{Bombshell}}} Good – that’s what I was going to tell you, and you saved me the effort. :-)

Just think of it as a reminder to take your supplements. It’s like when I ride a motorcycle up GA400 to remind myself why I don’t ride up GA400.

J4T I’ll drink my water (nearly there), finish adding the fixes to the Provisioning Guide, and not rise to the “swollen boobs” bait. [/perv]

14. kansas August 29, 2007 at 5:54 pm #

kb, I forgot to say yes to the walk with you and Olivia!

15. Bombshell August 29, 2007 at 9:43 pm #

Thanks for the support…

Yeah Kansas, you know what is really sick, is that even AFTER I binged, I still couldn’t fall asleep.

My PMS limbic brain was telling me: “Go get Ben and Jerry’s. Go get Ben and Jerry’s. Go get Ben and Jerry’s.” This was after already eating all that other stuff. I had to lie in bed listening to this phrase being repeated from about 12 AM until about 4:30 AM, until I finally fell asleep. I REALLY wanted to get Ben and Jerry’s, but I resisted, which counts for something.

Today I ate normally again – so far. The goal is to make it in bed and fall asleep w/o binging again.

I had all my supplements and a small fat free chocolate ice cream, and I feel way less cravings than yesterday.

Sorry I can’t participate in the walk thing, but if I took a photo of my running location it would give clues about who I am and I gotta remain anonymous. My colleagues know where I go running + I can’t have them knowing abt my food probs.

16. katiebird August 29, 2007 at 10:39 pm #

Hi Everyone.

Bombshell, I’m glad you’re having a better day than yesterday. And I really like what you said:

Which reminds me of something kansas said about a month ago or so (I’ve poked around looking for it, but can’t put my finger on it.)

17. katiebird August 29, 2007 at 10:40 pm #

kansas, I’ve always felt very lucky that I’ve never been to Andre’s. Because if I knew where it was this whole experiment would be a lot more difficult. It’s bad enough to face their stuff at parties!

18. katiebird August 29, 2007 at 10:48 pm #

I walked my 5 miles AND I’ve posted everything I’ve eaten. AND stayed within my expected calorie consumption.

AND

I’ve got a wedding to go to tomorrow.

AND

One of my sisters will be in town on Saturday (only) so I’ll be going to a BBQ at my brother’s house. But, I’m not sure I’ll eat. If there’s High Fructose Corn Syrup anywhere in the house, I won’t be eating.

If it’s cool enough I might wear my size 9 Jordach Jeans. I can now zip them without lying down AND I can sit down while wearing them.

Because if a girl can’t show off her weight loss to her sisters, what’s the point?

19. katiebird August 29, 2007 at 10:50 pm #

Bombshell, you can walk with us. Photos aren’t required.