October 30, 2007 — Just 4 Today

Just 4 Today I'llJust 4 Today, I’ll drink my fiber twice (done once), drink 2 liters of water (I’ve drunk about 1/2 liter), walk 5 miles (yesterday – 4.12), NOT eat between meals & NOT take seconds.

Second Life Update

I’ve found a lovely bit of land and I’m pretty sure I’ll buy it. AND, The Librarians of Second Life have been very helpful. They are also involved in a place called EduNation. Last Sunday there was a Treasure Hunt there which was a lot of fun — and for a newbie like me — the treasures were great. Things like gestures, a dance AND — A Small House.

Which I don’t have any idea how to actually use.  Since I don’t have my own land, I can’t drag stuff out just anywhere.  I went to a ‘sandbox’ (a place for people like me to practice building things) and opened it.  But, it was just a big picture of a house.  I’m hoping there are ways to drag on different points to make it 3D.

And I met a guy while I was house-hunting who gave me a cottage.  People are VERY generous in SL. :)

This entry was posted in Just 4 Today.

1. FamilyMan October 30, 2007 at 7:54 am #

Morning KB.

J4T I’ll drink 2 liters of water and pretty much do the usual around the house.

Sounds like there are some friendly people in SL.

2. FARfetched October 30, 2007 at 10:23 am #

Hey ho!

J4T I’ll drink my water, take my fiber, and get an early start on the big project at work. Brought a slightly-nibbled sushi tray for lunch (The Boy got into it last night).

Don’t forget, Eating Season starts tomorrow!

3. Rick October 30, 2007 at 12:13 pm #

I drank a diet coke for breaksfast and brushed my teeth before heading of to the dentist, but before I made it there, I had to stop at Harris-Teeters for bananas, cash a $5 check at the bank, put up some fruit from a friend, get more flax seed (whole) from the Whole Market along with some fish oil (yeck). Afterwards it was Sam’s for the bulk items, vast quantities of Chinese food for lunch, and now the liberry (burp) on the way home. I promise I’ll drink more water before cutting the grass. The leaves are falling and I don’t want to battle high grass and leaves together. The dentists was kind, the crown will wait until January.

4. catdog October 30, 2007 at 4:30 pm #

Managed to avoid eating half of the food on my plate at lunch.

I can’t manage my first life, let alone a second !

5. katiebird October 30, 2007 at 4:58 pm #

Hi FamilyMan, Yes they are friendly. One of those houses came with instructions for how to ‘open’ it! So I bought the land and built a house.

And Now I’m figuring out how to hang an Eat4Today banner.

Catdog, I’m not really there for a 2nd life. One is really enough for me.

But, I am interested in finding a way to have “Live Eat4Today” meetings a couple of times a week.

6. boran2 October 30, 2007 at 6:56 pm #

Hi, KB. I’m having enough trouble with my first life. But I did walk and drink plenty of water. Now if I can just avoid snacking tonight.

7. catdog October 30, 2007 at 7:15 pm #

Tonight we’re going to see Springsteen at the Los Angeles Sports Arena. Report from a friend who went last night was– TERRIFIC !

Never seen him in person before, so I’m really looking forward to it.

Food ? What’s that ? I’m having spaghetti for dinner. Measure, measure, measure. No big deal.

Wish I really could get somebody to give me a cottage in this life.