Halloween

Just Today, I’m going to do whatever it takes to get through this root canal. )

So, don’t be surprised if I hang out at your place all day….

Or for that matter — tomorrow

This is just a quick note to let you know that I’m babying myself & staying home today (Thursday.)

This entry was posted in About Eat 4 Today.

1. FamilyMan October 31, 2007 at 8:25 am #

J4T I’m hoping you get through the root canal with no problems what so ever. Well actually I’m hoping J4T, tomorrow and the next day.

Hope all goes well KB, and I’ll be thinking of you.

2. katiebird October 31, 2007 at 8:27 am #

Thanks FM. I wonder where I am on the optimist/pessimist scale that I’m so suddenly scared. (Nancy’s post)

3. FamilyMan October 31, 2007 at 9:03 am #

No need to be scared. I’ve had a few root canals and I’m never too bothered during the procedure. I let the dentist know very fast if more novocain is needed. It’s after its over that I’ve had problems. Make sure they give you something for pain and just get home and settle back. Good luck!

4. katiebird October 31, 2007 at 9:05 am #

Thanks, FamilyMan — really, thank you. I’m leaving now. (I won’t be scared, I won’t be scared)

5. FARfetched October 31, 2007 at 9:38 am #

{{{KB}}} I’ve had a root canal, and it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I’d anticipated. Indeed, it was actually rather boring — I started nodding off at one point. If you have a music player, load it up with an audiobook or something (but nothing that makes you want to dance).

6. catdog October 31, 2007 at 2:13 pm #

I came back from my first marathon feeling more tired than I thought I should, and with a vague discomfort developing in the back of my mouth, went to the dentist.

The diagnosis of a need for a root canal was surprising, but the procedure was quick, painless, and not very upsetting at all. I had no trouble with recovery from it.

Sure hope yours is similar !

7. katiebird October 31, 2007 at 6:28 pm #

After resting most of the day, I can say that it wasn’t as bad as I feared, or as OK as I hoped :)

He decided to to it in halves. Today he took out most of the nerves then packed it with an antibiotic. Then I go back Tuesday for the rest of the procedure.

So, it’s OK. But, it’s not over yet.

I woke up enough to play around with this: katiebird at Second Life

It’s not going to take you anywhere, though, unless you have 2nd Life installed on your computer. :)

8. katiebird October 31, 2007 at 6:29 pm #

I’m fuzzier than I thought.

The link will work for everyone — it’s a regular web page. But, THAT page won’t take you anywhere unless you’ve got 2nd Life installed.

Sorry for the confusion.

9. boran2 October 31, 2007 at 8:38 pm #

KB, I’m glad to hear that you got through it allright. I hope that the rest of it goes as well.

10. FamilyMan November 1, 2007 at 6:56 am #

Now KB do as I said and just relax and not worry about it. You got through the first part very easy and the next part will be a breeze. You just relax now.

11. katiebird November 1, 2007 at 7:11 am #

Hi B2 and FamilyMan. I’m up to monitor how I feel. My mouth hurts a lot.