November 13, 2007 — Just 4 Today

Just 4 Today I'llJust 4 Today, I’ll drink my fiber twice (done once), drink 2 liters of water (I’ve drunk about 1/2 liter), walk 3 miles (yesterday 4.54), NOT eat between meals & NOT take seconds.

Al Gore is NOT running for president.

This entry was posted in Just 4 Today.

1. kansas November 13, 2007 at 10:28 am #

Good morning, kb and everybody.

2. FARfetched November 13, 2007 at 1:21 pm #

Hey ladies! (Check THIS out!)

Power was out all morning at FAR Manor, which was (in a way) a good thing. I was able to concentrate on my work w/o the distraction of email or other internet thingies.

Anyway. J4T I’ll drink my water (got a late start but catching up) and get a walk in (about an hour from now).

3. FARfetched November 13, 2007 at 1:28 pm #

That was supposed to be strike-through text. I was pretending to be a flasher.

4. catdog November 13, 2007 at 5:04 pm #

Clear gorgeous day today.

I was noticing this morning that a skirt I bought last year that was a bit tight is now perfect. I’ve had to get rid of lots of blouses and tops and jackets already. There’s a bag downstairs headed for a local charity thrift shop.

I have a handle on what I need to do for T-Day, and haven’t done too horribly the past few weeks. Slip ups here and there, but basically the whole idea of weight control is pretty well integrated into my daily life.

I’ve mentioned the plateau a number of times. We’ve all been there. I’m at the same weight I was when I started my job almost 24 years ago. it’s not a bad place to be. But I’d like to be where I was 20 years ago this time, about 25 lbs. less than that. I am having to consider whether that is realistic. I don’t know. I’ve already done a lot. Can I do more ?

Has my metabolism changed that much ? Or is that an excuse ? If I ran two miles every morning like I used to, would that make a difference ?

I’ve even considered going to Curves. There’s one just down the street, but so far I’ve put off even trying to find out what their hours are.

I have a half marathon coming up the first Sunday of December. I know I can do it, although my time will be nothing to write home about since I haven’t done any serious training, but I’d like to do more. I would like to do another full marathon. I’m toying with all these ideas as the year winds down, and wanting to make 2008 really special in some way.

Meanwhile, I was looking at the paper plate we prepared at WW last year this time, setting out the food choices, the points for each one, and thinking about how far I’ve come. Not such a bad 2007, but how do I make next year even better ?

5. Bill Geronimo November 13, 2007 at 6:27 pm #

I haved developed the EatSmart Nutrition Scale with you in mind.
    Place any food with a Nutrition Facts label or without(like fresh whole foods) and it will calculate calories and 11 other nutrients for the portion you place on the scale.
    Foe the first time you can self-monitor your calorie intake to obtain a accurate accounbtability of your daily caloric intake.
    Please visit our website at http://www.eatsmartproducts.com
    Type in 10FORYOU in the discount code at checkout to recieve 10% off

6. boran2 November 13, 2007 at 8:49 pm #

Hello to all. We had a nice day here in the Valley and I did walk. (Yay!) I probably do go need to drink more water though.

7. katiebird November 13, 2007 at 9:45 pm #

Hi Kansas & FAR & Boran! It’s great to see you !!

Bill — I’ll check that out — thanks!

8. katiebird November 13, 2007 at 10:23 pm #

Oh, Catdog. I wrote out a huge reply & got distracted by my daughter asking me for something & shut the browser without posting!

I’m so sorry.

Let me try again: With Curves, I paid for a one year membership, but coud never use it because the hours were impossible for me. It’s like they were deliberately designed to avoid my free time. A total waste of money.

On the plateau thing. I’m happy with my current plateau. Like you, I’d like to lose another 20 or more pounds. But, I’m fine with the chance to see if I can maintain. And isn’t that what a plateau is? Maintenance?

Then if I want to kick-it-up again in the spring, I can do that.

I’ve found that when I walk 6-9 miles a day that weight falls off. And when I think I’m on a plateau, it just means I’m at the lower end or below that level.

I’m interested in your reflections of 2007 and your dreams for 2008. I feel the same. That I’ve come so far and done so much. But, I have so many other plans and dreams.

One thing I know, the MOST important thing I’ve done is stick with this blog. It’s changed & saved my life.

Here’s to 2008 being a great year for all of us!

9. Beth November 14, 2007 at 2:48 pm #

A little late, but no internet yesterday. My sister lost 50 pounds in 6 months combining diet with Curves. I joined this year, wanting to lose 10 pounds, and though I’ve lost a couple of inches, I can’t see much of a difference. Except that my heart rate is much better than it was. I know I’ve gained muscle, but I don’t see any loss of fat. I’m going to really try hard for another month, but I’m wondering if I should try something different – I don’t seem to be having the success with it others do. Although the people are nice and it’s a simple way to work out.

I think my metabolism died a couple of years ago. I wish I could find a way to kick it into gear, since exercise doesn’t seem to be doing it.