June 12, 2008 — Just 4 Today

Just today, I’m not going to eat between meals and I’m not going to take seconds. And I’ll weigh myself and use Nutribase and the tools of The Hacker’s Diet to help me reach (and keep) my goals.

And Just 4 Today, I’ll drink my fiber twice (done once), drink 2 liters of water (I’ve drunk about 1/2 liter), walk 2 miles (which I did yesterday!), NOT eat between meals & NOT take seconds.

This entry was posted in Affirmations, Eat 4 Today - The Commitment, Setting Goals and tagged , , , .

1. Family Man June 12, 2008 at 7:15 am #

Morning KB.

Can’t decided what I’ll be doing today. There’s so much stuff I need to do, but….. :)

J4T I’ll drink 2 liters of water and ponder precariously what physical labor I might attempt.

2. katiebird June 12, 2008 at 7:21 am #

Hi FM, if you were here you sure wouldn’t have to worry about mowing lawns — it’s raining like cats and dogs! (whatever that means….

3. Beth June 12, 2008 at 8:28 am #

Hey KB you’re right – the new site IS bee-you-ti-ful! You’ve been busy, and I didn’t even know it. I’m so glad you’re back – and Fam, too! I’m going to need E4T’s help because Bill likes to eat, and works at a very physical job, so he doesn’t gain an ounce….but sheesh, I’m doing the eating but NOT the physical job part. Oink oink. I brought the scale to his house yesterday…I’m scared to get on it. Then again, since swimsuit season seems to be avoiding Idaho, maybe I have time….

Where’s the countdown button to retirement? :-)

4. Shainzona June 12, 2008 at 9:49 am #

I won’t tell you what I ate for breakfast…it wasn’t a lot, but it included peanut butter and jelly! Yikes.

I drink a lot of water everyday and exercise at least 5 days a week. We just moved to Arizona (note my “name”!) and built a lap pool in the backyard. It’s great to be able to go outside and jump in!

I have some lung problems (a bad doctor tried to kill me 15 years ago) so swimming is my best exercise. But I’m also recently retired so I have taken up golf and we have a recumbent bike down the hall…so I get plenty of exercise.

I have not regained the 35 pounds I lost 18 months ago. But it would be very easy to get there again.

My problem is my cravings…I am a carb freak and can’t stay away from the stuff. I also love wine and drink it – probably 5 nights a week. Not good!

One suggestion I have: drink tea when you feel hungry (actually any water-based fluid). I drink about 8 cups of green tea with a quick dunk of a black tea bag in each cup every day – and use it to fill me up when I feel a need.

Hey…what kind of fiber do you “drink”?

5. FARfetched June 12, 2008 at 10:06 am #

Hey all.

I’ve been sluffing lately, and it’s starting to show. I need to get back on track, both eating less and literally (as in feet on track, walking). It’s so easy to skip the walk, especially this time of year when things get hot & muggy & threatening (but usually not delivering) rain. Maybe I need to shift to walking in the morning.

6. katiebird June 12, 2008 at 10:08 am #

(WAVING) Hi {{Beth}} I’m so glad to see you here! Are you much of a walker? I’m getting ready to post a 3415 notice.

7. katiebird June 12, 2008 at 10:13 am #

Shainzona, I take the fiber supplement, Konsyl and it’s like magic. It’s changed my life.

Also? I agree that hot drinks are a great way to suppress/control cravings.

I’m so glad you’ve joined us! I love your ideas.

8. katiebird June 12, 2008 at 10:14 am #

(nodding) FAR, walking in the morning is good. I think Nancy walks in the VERY late evening — even after dark. But that’s risky where you live isn’t it?

9. FARfetched June 12, 2008 at 10:32 am #

Not so much, the traffic isn’t too bad most nights. But it’s DARK out here.

10. katiebird June 12, 2008 at 10:34 am #

(nodding) It was the DARK I was thinking of. I’ve lived in remote places without street lights… And my eyes are too weak for walking in places like that.

I’m going for a walk around the block RIGHT NOW, by the way….

11. Shainzona June 12, 2008 at 10:47 am #

Any chance of setting a collective walk around the block…say each day at Noon in whatever time zone you’re in?

It might be fun to think about a bunch of people getting up and getting moving – kind of – all at the same time.

At the stroke of noon….up and out the door.

12. katiebird June 12, 2008 at 11:08 am #

Hi Shainzona,
    !! We do that — I’m planning on getting it going again on Monday, but talking about it a little later today.

It’s called the 3415 club: Walk 3 times for 15 minutes each time. That gets us walking 3 miles with hardly any effort.

(more about it later today)

13. Family Man June 12, 2008 at 3:19 pm #

When I have walked, I’ve always found that I did the best early in the morning. I don’t know why, but after 12:00 noon, my energy level starts dropping drastically. By 8:30 or 9:00 pm I’m totally pooped and ready for bed.

I’m so happy you’re back because I let the drinking two liters of water a day go for a good while. It seems dropping in here to say hi, and saying I’ll drink the two liters that day helps tremendously.

14. katiebird June 12, 2008 at 3:24 pm #

FamilyMan, I think that’s true for a lot of us. When you consider that we started talking about this stuff even before I started the blog — back in the Cafe, we’ll we’ve been supporting each other for a long time. Nearly 3 years!

I’m NEVER going to let it slide again. THAT was a failed experiment.

15. Family Man June 12, 2008 at 4:42 pm #

On failed experiments, you would never know unless you tried.

Yep I’m still amazed sometimes how long some of us have known and supported each other from the Cafe. I used to wake up looking forward to logging in and getting into the Cafe. Ahhhh the good old days. :)

16. katiebird June 12, 2008 at 5:33 pm #

The nice thing is that now we’ve got a whole neighborhood of places — especially once Nancy opens back up (and is Olivia back?)

17. Family Man June 12, 2008 at 7:17 pm #

I don’t think Olivia is back yet and I’ll be one of the many that will be happy when Nancy gets back.

18. Beth June 13, 2008 at 9:03 am #

I am a walker, kb, but it’s so easy to get distracted with all of the other things I need to do during the day. I’m trying to get Bill to walk with me after dinner – we’ve done it a couple of times. Now that the weather is finally improving it should be easier. I’ve let a lot of stuff slip the last couple of months – time to get back on track! Happy weekend, everyone.