Monday, Git ‘er Done!

Just 4 Today, I’m NOT going to eat between meals and I’m NOT going to take seconds. AND I’ll walk at least 3 miles, drink my fiber supplement & drink 2 liters of water.

(I’m back to thinking about Diet Books) My dad is always working on a million projects (which now that I think about it probably doesn’t make it easy to finish any of them) and he has the idea that if a book has even ONE good or useful idea then it’s worth having. I can’t quite imagine buying all the diet books with just one good idea — the expense and storage would be incredible but, I DO see what he means.  When I’m working on a challenging project any help I can get is great!

Looking outside it feels like we’ve been sent back a month — the streets and sidewalks are totally covered in snow again. Mall walking is fine for me but, my little dog is jumping out of his skin.  Tommy doesn’t get what’s going on at all and somewhere around 2 or 3pm he starts pacing around like a caged animal (instead of the pampered-pet he actually is.) I know that pets all over are going through this — but, I feel so sorry for them! We let Tommy run around on that trolly you can see running through the yard.  But, it isn’t the same for him at all.  He LOVES walking in the cold weather.   I just can’t imagine letting him walk through the snow for 2 or more miles.

So, it’s back to the Ghost-Mall for me!  Whatever it takes to Git ‘er Done!

This entry was posted in Health Issues and tagged , , .

1. katiebird February 15, 2010 at 9:05 am #

I’m off to help a friend with her website but, I’ll be around …

2. gweema February 15, 2010 at 11:52 am #

I can easily relate to your dad’s thought process :) –In addition to books, I believe the same thing about classes and seminars. If I walk away having learned one thing I wouldn’t otherwise have come across, or even if all I learn is that the way I do something by instinct is verified as correct, I feel the time was well spent (and the money).

3. FARfetched February 15, 2010 at 2:03 pm #

Why not walk the dog in the snow? He probably will enjoy it, and he’ll get worn out faster.

4. Alex February 15, 2010 at 3:15 pm #

Oh my gosh, is that Tommy, to the right?  He’s such a cutie!  I can picture him going nuts with happiness walking in the snow. :-)

The title of your post – “Git ‘er Done” – reminds me of my new motto from late last year:  GOYA!  This stands for “Get off Your ____!”  Such a simple saying, but it’s stood me in unbelievably good stead so far.  I’ll be whining and moaning to myself about having to do something, then I’ll just remember the snappy new motto, say “GOYA!” to myself and voila! I’m up at at ‘em!

Thinking about it just now, I guess there’s a slight shaming involved.  It’s like “You’re a hale and hearty individual, and there’s no excuse for not getting these things done NOW!”

I’d better stop dissecting this, or I may kill it :-J.

5. katiebird February 15, 2010 at 6:05 pm #

Hi FAR & Alex,
    I’m combining my replies today because I’m totally exhausted – I’m sorry.  I spent the day working on my parents kitchen (buying utensils & food & organizing stuff)
    Far, the poor little guy is too short!  Also, I have a fear of wiping out on ice.  If something happened – even just a sprain – I could lose a month of walking.  I just can’t risk it.
    Alex, Thank you so much — that IS Tommy (my baby) I love your motto – don’t be surprised if I steal it.  :)
    (Whew. )

6. Alex February 16, 2010 at 7:18 am #

Well, I inadvertently stole it from a company out west.  Didn’t know they were using it – never heard of them – so it didn’t originate with me, more’s the pity!  Here’s a mousepad I might get with the new motto:

Sounds like you helped your parents a lot.  I’m guessing they moved?